By Erik Dahlman
This e-book specializes in LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply a whole photograph of the LTE system. particular motives are given for the most recent LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry approaches, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and method performance.
Key applied sciences awarded contain multi-carrier transmission, complicated single-carrier transmission, complicated receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna ideas, radio source administration and protocols, and varied radio community architectures. Their position and use within the context of cellular broadband entry usually is defined, giving either a high-level review and extra specific step by step explanations.
This e-book is a must have source for engineers and different pros within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an realizing of the way to make use of the recent know-how so that it will remain sooner than the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and more suitable multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal buildings and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the help for heterogeneous deployments supplied through the newest 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent more suitable downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a collection of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with help for larger frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, gigantic antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers an entire replace to the newest 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, masking small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE liberate 12 together with extra improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read or Download 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband PDF
Best radio operation books
Instant operators will locate this functional, hands-on advisor to community deployment priceless. in line with their very own broad event, the authors describe an end-to-end community making plans approach to carry the assured caliber of provider (QoS) that allows cutting-edge instant IP prone reminiscent of VoIP, WWW and streaming video.
New paperback (as proven) "Solid country layout for the Radio novice" quick transport. .. (A8)
This is often an easy-to-read, convenient advisor to the present phrases used inside of forty six IEEE criteria and the instant expertise global. It comprises approximately 3,200 phrases and definitions with entire resource citations. look for phrases by way of key-phrase, ordinary quantity or alphabetically This CD-ROM additionally positive factors easy-to-read equations and formulation.
QRP is still one of many extra energetic segments of the novice radio pastime. diversified everyone is interested in QRP for various purposes yet, for lots of, a part of the joys is in construction and studying. The oscilloscope is a cheap and useful gizmo to supporting research extra approximately how (or if) your QRP transmitter is operating.
- Quasi-Optical Control of Intense Microwave Transmission
- Adaptive WCDMA: theory and practice
- The ARRL Antenna Book: The Ultimate Reference for Amateur Radio Antennas, Transmission Lines And Propagation (Arrl Antenna Book)
- Radio Resource Management in Multi-Tier Cellular Wireless Networks
Additional resources for 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband
1) in theory has an infinite bandwidth and thus the sampling theorem can never be fulfilled completely. 3 From now on the index m on the modulation symbols, indicating the OFDM symbol number, will be ignored unless especially needed. 34 CHAPTER 3 OFDM Transmission a0 a1 a0 , a1, . . 6 OFDM modulation by means of IFFT processing r0 r1 aˆ 0 aˆ1 aˆ 0 , aˆ1 ,... 7 OFDM demodulation by means of FFT processing It is important to understand that IDFT/IFFT-based implementation of an OFDM modulator, and even more so the exact IDFT/IFFT size, are just transmitter-implementation choices and not something that would be mandated by any radio-access specification.
Providing very high data rates within a limited bandwidth, for example by means of higher-order modulation, is thus only possible in situations where relatively high signal-to-noise and signal-to-interference ratios can be made available, for example in small-cell environments with low traffic load or for terminals close to the cell site. Instead, to provide high data rates as efficiently as possible in terms of required signalto-noise and signal-to-interference ratios, implying as good coverage as possible for high data rates, the transmission bandwidth should be at least of the same order as the data rates to be provided.
The IFFT size can then, for example, be selected as N ¼ 1024. 36 MHz, where Df ¼ 15 kHz is the LTE subcarrier spacing. 1) in theory has an infinite bandwidth and thus the sampling theorem can never be fulfilled completely. 3 From now on the index m on the modulation symbols, indicating the OFDM symbol number, will be ignored unless especially needed. 34 CHAPTER 3 OFDM Transmission a0 a1 a0 , a1, . . 6 OFDM modulation by means of IFFT processing r0 r1 aˆ 0 aˆ1 aˆ 0 , aˆ1 ,... 7 OFDM demodulation by means of FFT processing It is important to understand that IDFT/IFFT-based implementation of an OFDM modulator, and even more so the exact IDFT/IFFT size, are just transmitter-implementation choices and not something that would be mandated by any radio-access specification.
4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband by Erik Dahlman